Thursday, November 10, 2011

Short letter from 11-9-11


Dear Family and Friends,

This week flew by just like all the time has here so far— well like the entire mission actually. It’s weird to think that it’s already been 3 months...crazy. My companion Elder Jack is going home at the end of this transfer.  He keeps telling me that he is almost positive that President will make me a senior companion and will transfer me since this area is only supposed to have 2 missionaries but it has 4 now. I think elder jack and i already have 8 or 10 baptisms since being here1!! So crazy. 

Something I really missed on Halloween was picking apples with the family. That’s something that I loved doing every year. I loved just going with the family and eating those delicious apples. The fruit is really awesome and cheap out here but it’s not the same as those apple orchards! 

One of our investigators told us that she thought we were 30 this week which was pretty funny. She’s doing really well. We’re supposed to be baptizing her this Sunday but she’s being iffy. Elder Jack is really good with being firm with people and telling them that it’s really important. The outline that the president gives us to teach doesn’t even mention the Book of Mormon until after they accept baptism which is surprising to me especially when they stressed using it ASAP in the MTC. Weird…I think I’m going to put more emphasis on the Book of Mormon when I’m senior companion and ask President about it. 

The work is still going great though! Christmas lights do actually exist in Brazil…it’s pretty funny. They’re just at random places and today I saw a Christmas store in the city. Today we’re in the city for our P-day because Elder Jack is gonna blow 400 Reals of stuff before he goes home (he says). So the whole 100 Reals a week allowance thing isn’t as much as I thought. Almost out…

We’re still working hard and the work is progressing. I miss and love everyone! This week I got 2 letters from dad and Catie and one from Derek. That was great to finally get mail in Brazil! Love everyone! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment