Monday, February 6, 2012

Letter to Mom (11/7/11)

Dear Mom,


Okay, P-day flies by - I just got done washing, cleaning, and organizing.  I can't write everyone although I might haha. But I just wanted to write this letter to you and thank you for everything that I am.  My faith and hard work come from both you and Dad, but without you I'd be lost just like if I didn't have Dad.  There is no greater blessing then to have you and Dad as my parents and teachers.  I relate your relationship to me as my relationship to Christ.  In John 13-15 Christ tells his disciples that they are his friends because he has given everything he has to them even a portion of His Spirit.  This is how I feel about you as well.  Every single time/day out here - especially when things get hard - (because this is not easy work) I think of you or Dad and see you face on the sidelines cheering me on when I fall.  Elder Kendrick gave me a copy of the poem "The Race" before we left the MTC because every time I read it I think of you and Dad as the father or Heavenly Father.  Help James as much as you can (It's hard sometimes and everyone needs somebody to look to).  The news about his call is unbelievable.  It brings so much joy to me.  Anyway, I just wanted to write this letter to say thank you for everything that you've done for me and are still doing.  It means a lot for me.  When I think of my family I don't feel homesick because I know they would have me work harder just like my Heavenly Father that I might "win the race" at the last day.  I think of one of the last lines in "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" - "Of them I have not been ashamed," I know we will see Christ smiling at us one day just like in the "Testaments" when the father finally sees Christ.  Wow - what a blessing to have this knowledge!  Anyway, I better write James and get him pumped and stoked for Brasil!  Wow!  I can't believe that!  "Que Bensao" as president would say (what a blessing).  Love you so much,


Your son in the army,


Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment